Moon's Famous Tuna Sashimi Recipe
Posted: Jul 05 2014
Total winner on taste and amazingly filling! Super fresh and healthy (high in protein and good omega fats), it's a great dish for a satisfying and tasty lunch after a big surf or for entertaining with friends.
This is a very famous MoonRocks recipe but now its time to share and let you guys try it out for your friends and family.
You will need...
- FRESH Sashimi Grade Tuna
- 30ml good quality White Wine Vinegar
- 30ml fish Sauce
- 3cm FRESH Ginger
- 3 cloves FRESH Garlic
- 1 FRESH Shallots
- red Chilli (Optional)
- FRESH Coriander
- juice of 1 FRESH limes
How to make....
- First things first - put the serving plate in the freezer.
- In a small jug grate with a micro-plane the garlic, shallots and ginger. If using, finely chop the chilli and add to the jug.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice and vinegar. Stir mixture and balance by taste...IE: if it's too acidic (too vinegar) add more fish sauce (to make it sweeter), or vise versa.
- Then get the serving plate out of freezer and finely slice your Tuna, using a sharp chef or filleting knife (cutting across the grain of the Tuna) and put on serving plate. Store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- When you are ready to serve finely cut a small handful of fresh coriander and add to your plate of Tuna and then pour the sauce over and serve with toothpicks and limes to garnish.
Boom. Enjoy. The secret is now officially out!!